Children Innovating the Future
Kosice International School (KEIS) is the answer to the high demand for a world-class, quality education for both Slovak and Ex-pat families living in Eastern Slovakia. We bring to the greater Košice region a globally-recognised international curriculum, provided by experienced International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) teachers.
International Curriculum in Košice
To ensure the highest quality curriculum for your kids KEIS implements the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). KEIS is a Candidate IB PYP World School*. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy – a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education – that we believe is important for our students. This attractive and 21st-century pedagogy and curriculum, with experienced and enthusiastic educators from around the world, motivates and inspires our learners and parents. KEIS provides education from Early Years (3 years of age) up to Middle School. The IB PYP prepares students to succeed in an interconnected world that requires the next generation to have universal attributes and skills. Creativity and critical thinking is valued through an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning. Students asking conceptual questions in a transdisciplinary world of learning is a crucial element of inquiry that will support their development within and beyond the school context. At KEIS we welcome children with all different backgrounds – Expat, Slovak and multilingual families.
This year we opened classes from Year 1 to Year 7. From 2022 we will offer Early Years education for children between 3-5 years (International Kindergarten), Primary education for students aged 6-12 years and Middle School education 12-14 years of age (Grade 7 and 8). Our International Kindergarten will follow reputable International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme curriculum as well.
We are committed to building a broad learning community including local and national contexts. We are positive that our educational practices and approaches will help our students to become reflective individuals. We believe that our students will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to make positive changes in the local environment. It is important to us to build a community of passionate, innovative, caring, and active learners.
KEIS strives to offer high-quality comprehensive edication through a meticulously designed transdisciplinary programme. We hope our commitment to teaching and learning will promote modern trends of 21st century educational goals in Eastern Slovakia. We collaborate with local businesses, corporates, and municipalities who share this common goal with us, it is our vision statement: We strive to develop a community of lifelong learners that can innovate the world.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
The school operates in a quiet green area at Poľná 1 St. in Košická Nová Ves. The premises went through extensive renovation, transforming them into a 21st century state-of-art school facility. The distance from Kosice city centre is less than 10 minutes, in a nice and peaceful, natural residential setting.
Native-level English teachers
We carefully select passionate and internationally-experienced IB PYP Teachers who are native-level English speaking candidates (eg: UK, USA, Australia, South Africa) from all around the world, to ensure your little treasures will get an enriching start to life.
Not only the world-class curriculum and experienced teachers form the future of our kids. Correct and healthy eating habits with an access to the right nutrition for children is carefully selected and provided at KEIS. We also encourage our students to bring a healthy snacks to school such as fruits, whole grain bakery or dairy products.
KEIS has formed a special bond with The European Food Information Council who provide science-based food safety, quality, health and nutrition to the EU, with a particular interest in school lunches. Our school lunches will empower our students with healthier and more sustainable food and lifestyle choices.
We provide quality ingredients and modern recipes as an essential part of our school Personal, Social and Physical Education (PSPE). We believe in low-sugar, low-fat, and a high share of fibre, enriched with vegetables and fruits attractively prepared for our students. We also serve gluten-free and lactose-free alternatives for those who need it. Have a look at samples of our menus here .
KEIS aims to be the leader in school lunch quality in Eastern Slovakia.
KEIS accepts enrolment of students anytime and throughout the academic year. Feel free to fill our pre-admission form below. Our admission team will come back to you to invite you for a meeting to answer all your question about the school, procedures, curriculum, etc.
KEIS Admission Process in Easy Steps
- Contact us for an initial explanatory meeting.
- Fill-in our official Application form + optional Scholarship application form (use the documents below). A scholarship is only available to students with Slovak citizenship or at least one parent with Slovak citizenship. Be aware that only a limited number of scholarships will be issued per year.
- Please deliver the filled-in Application form + Scholarship application form personally or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Pay the registration fee and send payment confirmation by email to email@example.com
- You will be contacted via phone or email to arrange the face-to-face meeting with the admission team (Parents + Child + Headmaster) and inform you If you have been awarded a scholarship.
- After the interview we will contact you in writing about your acceptance.
- Once you have received an acceptance letter, the Education agreement can be signed.