PYP Homeroom Teacher
CLOSING DATE: 27 JULY 2020
STARTING DATE: 24 AUGUST 2020
Description of School:
Kosice International School is the first international school in Eastern Slovakia. Opening in 2020. Our school will deliver the International Baccalaureate (IB) enhanced Primary Years Programme (PYP). Our school serves children from 5 to 11 in the primary school, and with the predicted growth of the school, we will look towards providing a full IB continuum in the future. KEIS is a candidate IB PYP World School.
This is an exciting opportunity for IB educators for professional growth, and to help pioneer a new international school that will drive the future progress of the Kosice region.
Description of Position:
We are looking to employ positive, passionate and motivated inquiry teachers to join our PYP. The role of the PYP classroom teacher will be to implement the enhanced PYP programme, collaboratively develop curriculum and facilitate a high-quality, 21st-century learning environment that can provoke agency.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a native level, English-speaking professional.
- Be an EU citizen.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience, preferably in an IB PYP setting.
- Have prior homeroom teaching experience, including teaching a range of disciplines.
- Knowledge of educational theories and pedagogy.
- Has developed classroom management skills.
- Model an inquiry approach to teaching and learning.
- Have knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophy of the IB and the IB Learner Profile.
- Lead one after school club per week.
- Collaborate with others in school celebrations, events and meetings required to implement the programme
- Design, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate student inquiry and action.
- Experience teaching students with diverse cultures, needs and abilities.
- Work and plan in collaboration with teams.
- Experience implementing technology into inquiry-based learning.
- Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally-minded environment.
Application for Position:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter addressed to the Head of School, Michael Cresswell at email@example.com , no later than 27 July 2020.